Thursday, October 27, 2011

My pantry, my obsession

I've posted before about my borderline-unhealthy preoccupation with my pantry.  My obsession is only deepening with time.  I think it's because it's the only nearly-finished part of my kitchen.  And it's so flippin' cute. 

I dug out some bowls and storage jars that I bought 2 years ago (back when I idealistically thought that kitchen remodels could be completed in months rather than years) and added them to the shelves.  I also removed the plastic tarp from the marble and moved the microwave so the side with the cabinets and counter top could be my full-fledged baking center.  The cabinets below now house my mixing bowls (the ugly, utilitarian sort), measuring cups and spoons, pie plates, muffin tins, etc.  My Kitchen Aid sits on the right side of the counter. 

I ordered some custom vinyl labels for all of my storage jars and spice jars from a seller on Etsy, and I can't wait to get them.  They were fairly inexpensive, and I loved being able to pick exactly what I want the labels to say.  (Not many ready-made label packs include ras el hanout, sumac, berbere, mitmita, and the like!)





No comments:

Post a Comment