Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy birthday, L2!

L2 had her very first friend party for her 12th birthday.  Because she wanted to punish me, she chose to have her party at the bowling alley.  At night.  With music blasting.  And 10 screaming, giggling, boy-chasing girls as guests.  And because I must have done something horrible in a previous life, Hubby had to go man the concession stand at the high school football game, which left me to "party" alone.  Never has time gone so s-l-o-w-l-y.

The good news is that L2 had a blast.  Her friends showered her with lip gloss and fingernail polish, and they teased her by making her name "Kevinlover" or some such craziness on the bowling score-keeping screen.  She insists Kevin is gross, so I'm not too worried.

My baby girl is 12.  How can it be?  She's been a part of our family since she was 6 years old, but it seems like just yesterday that she bounded her way into our lives.  That stinker.  What would we do without her?

I made two batches of s'mores cupcakes - one for the party and one for the family party on Sunday.  The recipe is from the cookbook Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and can be found here.  


Round 2 of vegan s'mores cupcakes, which L2 herself chose.  I'm pretty sure she picked the hardest recipe in the book. 

Welcome to the community of iPod owners, miss L2. 



No comments:

Post a Comment