Saturday, February 12, 2011

An (early) Valentine gift to remember

Today the table made its way to our home.  We still have the breadboard ends to attach once the brackets arrive, and of course it has to be finished (in some yet-to-be-determined way), but it's here, and it's HUGE. I can't wait to be able to clear all the construction mess out of our dining room and actually use it.  I'm guessing it will stay right where it is for the next 2-3 months since it can't exactly be tucked into a corner or something.  It's quite a focal point in our living room!  ;o)

When I first approached my dad about helping me build a table, I really meant "help" me, and I naively thought that I could do most of the work myself.  The truth is, he did probably 90% of the grunt work, but I loved every minute I spent with him in that cold garage.  I learned a lot, and I feel almost brave enough to attempt some sort of furniture construction on my own at some point.  Something small, anyway.

I love my parents so much, and I feel so blessed to have them here with us.  Our own family keeps us so busy that even though we're in the same town, we don't get to see them as often as we'd like.  It makes the time I was able to carve out to do this project with my dad that much more special.  I love the table, and I love the memories even more.

I might have to be buried with this table.  ;o)



All loaded up and ready to go

J1's friend showed up just in time to help

Coming up the front walk

T and Hubby are holding up the still-unattached ends

Me, my dad, and my bad hair day 

No comments:

Post a Comment