Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bountiful Baskets!

I am beyond thrilled that my friend K is getting a Bountiful Baskets site set up in our little community!  We have to volunteer twice at other sites (both two hours from here) in order to be approved to start our own site, but she's done one already and I hope to go with her for the second one.  If everything goes according to plan, we'll have our own bi-monthly stops starting in January, and we're crossing our fingers that it will get so popular that we can get an A and a B route, which means weekly deliveries.  :o)

I got three baskets of organic produce this time, but I think next time I'll get a box or two of of "regular" produce so I get greater variety.  Really though, three boxes is about right for our family for a week, so maybe I'll have J1 sign up so he can buy for us, too.  Then we could get up to 6 baskets, which would be awesome if we have to go two weeks between deliveries.  With this, Azure Standard deliveries, and what I order from Amazon, I hardly have to buy anything at the grocery store these days except convenience foods (healthy ones, promise!) and stuff to make lunches.  Awesomeness.  :o)

Here's my haul from last night.  Isn't it beautiful?!


It's a little hard to see what's what in the picture, so here's a list:
  1. Apples (gala, if I remember correctly)
  2. Pears
  3. 3 quarts of strawberries
  4. Celery
  5. Zucchini
  6. Cucumbers (yes, cucumbers in November!)
  7. Carrots
  8. Fingerling potatoes
  9. Collard Greens
  10. Spinach
  11. Black grapes
  12. Tomatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment