Sunday, January 16, 2011

The perfect pantry

One of the things I insisted my kitchen must have is a pantry.  For one, they're cool-looking, for another, our house used to have two of them, and for yet another, I feed a small army who unfortunately like to graze.  To be perfectly honest, I need a place where I can literally lock up most of the foods my family consumes - especially anything containing more than a molecule of sugar.

I gave my future pantry a lot of thought.  Other than having to lock, I require beadboard, some sort of cutesy trim details, white paint, and use of the original ceiling fixture.  It must hold a minimum of 50 boxes of cereal (those who know me know that I am so not kidding).  It must be functional.  It must be purty.  And it must lock.  Did I say that already?

Right side
Right side - awaiting
its carrara marble top

Left side

Looking straight ahead
toward the window

No comments:

Post a Comment